The announcement last weekend that our Covid-19 restrictions were being eased a little earlier than originally planned was good news for everyone in Melbourne, but even better news for all those frustrated property buyers and sellers across Melbourne who have been unable to move forward with their plans due to the restrictions on property inspections.
We are pleased to confirm that as of Monday September 28th, home buyers and tenants are now allowed to physically inspect a property for sale or lease. There are a few understandable safety measures that will accompany these inspections that you will need to be aware of:
- Inspections are limited to one agent and one buyer at a time and are limited to a maximum of 15 minutes. The buyer may be accompanied by a partner from their household along with children under the age of 18.
- The residents of the property are required to leave during the inspection, for one of the permitted reasons, (e.g. exercise, shopping for essentials, etc).
- Hand sanitiser must be used prior to entering, face masks must be worn, and buyers may not make contact with any surface inside the property, (e.g. door handles).
- The agent must disinfect all surfaces that they touch at the completion of the inspection.
- The agent must keep a record of all inspections including the contact details of attendees.
We have also confirmed this morning that the easing of restrictions has also been extended to all the key marketing services that are required to prepare your property for the market, (e.g. photography, videography, stylists, etc).
The key message from all these changes is that the Spring property market is now up and rolling for 2020. Given the high level of pent-up demand, and the limited time available for buyers to act before the end of the year, we are expecting the next two months to produce a very competitive market and some excellent sales results in many areas.
If you are one of the many Victorians who have been waiting for the opportunity to make a move, that time is now. I cannot over-emphasise the importance of acting quickly, but not at the expense of a carefully planned strategy. Achieving the best possible result given the complexities of the current environment will require experienced and objective advice.
So if you are keen to explore your options, I would encourage you to contact our team as soon as possible on 9430 0000.