First, let’s get the scary part of this story out of the way up front…One look at the calendar will tell you that that Christmas is now just one month away! Therefore, if you are hosting a festive family gathering this year, that means that a little planning now could save you quite a bit of heartburn in a few week’s time.
Here at Ian Reid Vendor Advocates we like saving people from unnecessary stress, so here’s a few tips to help you make the most of the holiday season.
Do the big jobs first. If you have a few tasks that you’ve been putting off over winter, make them the priority now. The smaller jobs are much easier to do in between all those distractions that tend to multiple as we get closer to Christmas.
- Get the garden in order. Almost every job in the garden depends on having favourable weather, so it’s wise to make those outdoor jobs a priority to take advantage of rain-free days.
- Clear the clutter. We all accumulate a bit of clutter over the winter months, but with extra visitors soon to descend on your home this is an ideal time to create some extra space.
- Start stocking the freezer now. We all remember those last-minute pre-holiday sprints to the supermarket in previous years, so start stocking up the freezer now so you have less to get when the shops are crowded.
- How’s the bathroom? This is the one room that you can guarantee EVERY visitor will see, so it’s a great idea to get this area sorted now.
- It’s not a one-man job. Last but definitely not least, don’t forget to delegate. Many hands make light work, so set some immediate targets for every member of the family.
Of course, if some of the tasks you’ve planned are also a part of a longer term plan to sell and move in 2020, don’t hesitate to give our team a call on 9430 0000 to chat about what the buyers will respond to, and what they won’t. You’ll also find lots of helpful tips in our FREE booklet, “FATAL REAL ESTATE TRAPS EXPOSED”, which you can download direct from this website.